Conditions of Entry
Please Note: Information listed in the Conditions of Entry is for the Cricket and AFL fixtures and general entry only.
For information specific to one off events and concerts, please visit the event listing on our website.
General Terms and Conditions
- Management reserves the right to prohibit entry and evict persons under the influence of drugs or alcohol, who are disorderly, or engage in inappropriate behaviour, vandalism or evade admission charges.
- Management has the right to refuse entry to patrons carrying prohibited items or confiscate those items.
- Breaches of the rules constituting offences may be reported to Police.
- By entering the Great Barrier Reef Arena, you agree to:
- Retain your ticket at all times; and
- Follow any lawful staff instruction.
- Management reserves the right to refuse entry to any person who does not comply with the conditions of entry.
- Patrons with tickets purchased for an event at a concessional price must have available on entry to the venue, proof of age or other proof of entitlement to the applicable concession.
- Patrons may not be admitted if purchased tickets are damaged, defaced or have not been purchased from an authorised ticket agent.
- Management, through the venue’s nominated security contractor, QLD Police or its staff, reserves the right to conduct bag and body searches.
- For your safety and security, random electronic surveillance is in use at this sporting ground and associated fixtures and events.
- To ensure both patron and player safety, unauthorised entry to the field of play is prohibited (penalties apply). Unauthorised persons are also prohibited from accessing any other area not open to the public.
- The throwing of any object on to the field of play is prohibited and may result in the patron responsible being evicted (penalties apply).
- Offensive, discriminatory or anti-social behaviour will not be tolerated and may result in offending patrons being evicted.
- Under the Tobacco and Other Smoking Products Act 1998 (Qld) smoking is prohibited in all areas of the venue. Patrons who smoke within any enclosed area or other area where smoking is prohibited commit an offence under that Act, to which fines apply, and may be evicted from the venue. Smoking includes the use and activation of e-cigarettes and vaping equipment.
- An adult must accompany children under the age of 12 while within the licenced venue building.
- Umbrellas must not be raised during play in Arena areas.
- Pass-outs for ticketed events may be issued at the discretion of Management.
Refusal of Entry
The right of admission is reserved. In particular, the Venue and the Hirer reserve the right to refuse entry to, or to remove from, the Arena any persons who:
- Are drunk or disorderly or whose conduct is unlawful or offensive;
- Are not entitled to attend the event or match;
- Causes a disturbance or who refuses to comply with reasonable requests from the Venue or the Hirer;
- In the opinion of Arena management, are offensively attired or whose attire may cause a hazard or compromise safety; and
- Refuse inspections or searches by security, Arena staff or police.
During sporting events and special events, Security personnel will be deployed throughout the sporting grounds and in the licenced areas and buildings and are assigned specific bag searching roles.
Security personnel will request that all patrons carrying bags into the licenced building open them for inspection. Patrons refusing to consent to a bag search may be refused entry into the Arena and / or venue and be expelled from the sporting ground.
Items confiscated a may be collected from reception when the patron exits the ground. No alcohol confiscated will be returned to patrons.
Patrons lodging items that have been confiscated will be issued with a ticket that they are required to present when collecting their items on their departure from the venue.
For general entry and where dress codes have not been specified, patrons are requested to at minimum, be appropriately clothed for a public venue and footwear must be worn at all times.
Patrons must not wear or display items which bear offensive slogans, signage or logos.
Patrons must not wear, display or possess items which bear street or motor cycle gang colours or insignia.
Costumes, and accessories such as hats, flags and posters, should take up no more space than your seat and should not impact the view of others.
Cameras and Recording Equipment
The use of photographic, video or audio equipment for commercial purposes is not permitted within during major sporting events without the consent of the relevant organiser of the event.
Video and/or audio recorders, commercial digital equipment, camera tripods and/or monopods may be refused entry. Items that are refused entry, or that are requested to be removed from the venue, may be cloaked at reception at the risk of the owner. Items may be confiscated at the discretion of Management.
The venue is committed to ensuring the privacy of venue patrons. The venue has traditionally banned the use of still and video cameras in specified areas.
To ensure patron privacy is maintained, the use of cameras including via mobile telephones with camera interfacing, must not be used in the following specified public areas: Change Rooms, Parent Amenities and Toilets.
Patrons acknowledge that the venue or the relevant sporting club may use a patron’s image or likeness as part of any recording of the event or match.
The Great Barrier Reef Arena is a NO SMOKING venue. Under the Tobacco and Other Smoking Products Act 1998 (Qld), smoking is prohibited in all areas of the Arena and its precincts. Smoking includes the use of e-cigarettes and vaping equipment. Patrons who smoke in the Arena:
- Commit an offence against the Act, to which fines apply; and
- May be immediately evicted from the Arena.
Smoking, which includes the use of e-cigarettes and vaping equipment is also banned within five (5) metres from each Arena entry point.
There are designated smoking areas. These are detailed in the HPCC / GBRA Smoking Management Plan.
We encourage patrons to consider leaving their pram at home, however should you wish to bring it, please note it cannot be stored in walkways. Oversized prams unable to be stored under seats cannot be bought into the Arena Stadium area. Patrons who leave items in unsecured locations do so at their own risk.
Umbrellas are permitted in the Arena but must not be opened or raised in the seating areas or concourses at any time. We recommend patrons bring ponchos or rain jackets for use inside the venue.
Bags / Cloaking
Personal backpacks and bags smaller than an A3 piece of paper are permitted into the Arena. These should be stowed under your seat while seated.
Large items (defined as those larger than A3 piece of paper) which cannot be stowed away under a patron’s seat or which pose a capacity or safety issue (such as hard eskies or duffle bags) will not be allowed into the venue and will need to be taken back to the individual’s car or home.
It is a condition of the liquor licence that liquor cannot be brought into the grounds. Patrons other than the licensee, found bringing liquor onto the premises are liable for an on the spot fine for breaching the Liquor Act 1992. Persons, other than the licensee, found bringing liquor onto the grounds are liable for an on the spot fine of $500 up to a maximum fine of $3000 for breaching the Liquor Act 1992.
The right of admission is reserved. In particular, the Owner and the Hirer reserve the right to refuse entry to, or to remove from, the Arena any persons who are drunk or disorderly or whose conduct is unlawful or offensive or who are not entitled to attend the event or match. Any person who causes a disturbance or who refuses to comply with reasonable requests from the Owner or the Hirer may be removed from the Arena.
It is an offence for minors to purchase or consume alcohol or for persons to supply alcohol to minors.
Alcoholic beverages must also not be removed from the Arena.
All beverage items must have an unbroken seal and must not be contained within a glass container or within a can. Plastic or cardboard containers are suggested forms of beverage containment.
Thermoses containing tea and coffee are allowed. These may be checked by security for liquor licensing reasons. No external beverages are allowed to be bought into the licenced building.
Prohibited Items/Restricted Items
Prohibited Items Include:
- Large oversized items including hard edge eskies;
- Dangerous or illegal substances;
- Loud Hailers;
- Laser pens/pointers;
- Certain musical Instruments (including horns and whistles);
- Flags or banners displaying items which are regarded as offensive or which can be used as a projectile or missile;
- Professional standard cameras with detachable lenses over 300mm, video and/or audio recorders, commercial digital equipment, camera tripods and/or monopods. Cameras may only be brought into the venue at the discretion of Arena management;
- Animals (with the exception of certified service animals);
- Hard eskies larger than 40cm x 40cm x 40cm;
- Bags and items larger than an A3 piece of paper;
- Clothing, personal items, signs or flags displaying commercial, political, religious or offensive signage or logos (unless approved in writing prior to the event by the Hirer or Venue; and
- Items which in the opinion of Management, have the potential to cause injury or a nuisance or inconvenience to any other person e.g: oversized flag poles.
Prohibited Food and Beverage Items
- Commercial food (e.g. from takeaway or fast food outlets, McDonalds, Subway, KFC, Domino’s etc.);
- Commercial beverages;
- Deliveries from external caterers; and
- Alcoholic beverages.
If you would like to bring a prohibited item for medical reasons, please contact us prior to attending the event.
Permitted Food and Beverage Items
- Sealed commercial water – up to 1 litre;
- Personal water bottle filled with water – may be checked for alcohol;
- Lollies, chips/biscuits and similar items – personal quantities only;
- Popper (tetra pack) fruit juice – one serve (250ml) per person (cannot be frozen);
- Home-made sandwiches, cakes, muffins, biscuits;
- Thermos Flask for tea or coffee;
- Baby food and milk; and
- Special dietary requirements or allergy-based food.
Patrons will generally be advised to dispose of such items or will have the items confiscated, prior to entering the Arena. This does not apply to food or beverages for patrons with special dietary requirements, provided that such food or beverages are not packaged in prohibited containers.
Management has the right to refuse entry and confiscate or refuse entry to prohibited items.
Other Terms and Conditions
Except to the extent where Harrup Park and GBRA has been negligent, breached a duty of care or otherwise breached its legal obligations to patrons, each patron:
- Assumes all risk of any damage or loss (including property damage, personal injury, economic and consequential loss) however it arises at the sporting ground and associated facilities; and
- Brings personal effects onto the grounds and venue at their own risk and neither Harrup Park, GBRA or Mackay Cricket Association will be responsible for any damage to or loss or theft of a patron’s personal property.
Any event or match may be cancelled, delayed or stopped due to dangerous situations, adverse weather or for any other cause beyond Arena Management’s control. Patrons’ rights to claim for a replacement ticket or refund in such circumstances will be determined by the conditions of sale of tickets by the event organiser.
The organiser may add, withdraw or substitute competitors, teams or artists and/or vary advertised material, programs, prices, seating arrangements, audience capacity, the venue or program times without liability to the Organiser, Harrup Park, GBRA or Mackay Cricket Association.