Great Barrier Reef Arena is one of the nation’s premier regional venues for Australian Football League (AFL) matches.
In recent years both AFL and AFLW content have been held at the arena and nationally broadcast under 1500+ lux lighting.
Field of play dimensions are 155m along the north-south axis and 130m on the east-west axis. This is comparable to the dimensions of the Sydney Cricket Ground (SCG).
The seating bowl enhances the intimate atmosphere, provides exceptional views and brings fans close to the action.
PLAYERS & OFFICIALS FACILITIES
• 2 separate change rooms (Home/Away), including multiple toilet, shower facilities and wet areas
• 2 massage and strapping rooms (Home/Away)
• 2 meeting rooms (Home/Away) and 2 medical rooms
• Officials rooms including male and female change facilities and amenities
• Doping control room, bathroom and waiting area
• Prayer room
• Team Property room
• Secure access from changing rooms to field of play
• Ice baths to maximise player recovery
• Main Coaches’ Boxes located on the eastern wing of the main oval, together with team rooms in the main GBRA building behind the Northern Goals
• Permanent AFL media gantry adjacent to the existing AFL coaches boxes
• 2 AFL team dugouts on the Lamb St side of the main oval
• 4m x 3m LED Mobile Scoreboard and replay screen
• 2 newly refurbished additional change rooms located on the southern side of the main oval
• Alternate Match Officials change rooma (unisex)
• Additional Toilet & Change Facilities
• Eastern Wing Berm spectator viewing – 1200m2